Highlighting the benefits of the funding operations
Every year, STEA receives over 2,500 funding applications, of which approximately one third is not granted funding. In the annual assessment of applications, it is even more important to target funding to operations where it will be used efficiently and transparently, and whose benefits to the society can also be verified.
STEA’s assessment and development team will assist and support the organisations in collecting the appropriate data and in the analysis of the data collected.
STEA will also utilise this data in the development of its funding operations. However, the biggest winners in the collection of monitoring data are the organisations themselves, as they will be able to evaluate the data that they have collected and to use it for the development of their operations.
In order to allow the efficient and smooth evaluation of results, funding beneficiaries must meet the following requirements:
- setting tangible targets for their operations; STEA will assess the results and effects of the operations primarily in relationship with the results presented in the funding application.
- appointing a person responsible for the assessment of the data, and making an assessment plan: how is the assessment data collected and utilised.
- collecting key figures significant for the amount and scope of the organisation’s operations, such as the number of participants in the operations, the scope of the operations, or the number of peer groups organised.
- collecting feedback and views on the contents of the operations and the ways in which they are organised, the results and effects achieved, and the development needs for the operations from the following groups: 1) employees (self-assessment), 2) participants (target group), 3) essential cooperation partners, and 4) volunteers (if applicable).
- collecting the assessment data and reporting them according to the instructions.
- utilising the data collected in the development of the operations.
The organisations can decide freely on how to collect the required data. The most important thing is to get information which is essential for the organisation’s operations simply and in a form that makes it easy to utilise.